It is Fall at Olive Branch Soaps!

I always enjoy going to the Farmer's Market. There are always so many new varieties of fruits, vegetables and other items to look at and buy. On my first trip there back in early July I wasn't even looking for any B&B products, but as always, they seemed to fall right in my lap! As I was perusing a stand that carried an array of peppers, kohlrabi and green beans, my nose began to twitch. I looked to the left and sure enough some of the most beautiful soaps I have ever seen in my life were staring back at me. Much to my SO's dismay, I had found bath and body products at the Farmer's Market.

At this time, I didn't even like bar soaps. I never thought they were fragranced enough and they left me feeling too squeaky clean. I like to be moisturized when I leave the shower! At any rate, I could not pass up these brightly colored treasures, so I picked up 3 (priced at 3 bars for ten dollars you can't go wrong!) and went on my merry way. These soaps are huge and wonderful. No matter how dark the color, the lather is a nice foamy white and they smell so good! Even my first bar, a black and red swirled bar, Pomegranate, didn't leave any residue and lathered up white as snow. Needless to say I was hooked! Pictured below are some of the bars I have acquired on subsequent trips to the Farmer's Market.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So I digress, this blog was supposed to be about some of Lynn's new scents so here they are!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am in love with all three bars, although SO (who you remember was dismayed at my discovery of Olive Branch) insisted that we buy a bar of vanilla bean.

Apple Cinnamon is a bar that is a must have for anyone who loves apples in the fall! This bar is loaded with appley goodness as well as sweet sweet cinnamon! One of the things I love about OBS, is that all the products with cinnamon have real cinnamon in them and not a fragrance oil. She actually uses cinnamon from a local shop called Penzey's, which has been another love of mine for a year or so. (for anyone who likes to bake or cook check them out too! http://www.penzeys.com/) This is by far my favorite of the 3 bars, even though I am a self admitted pumpkin junkie.

Pumpkin is a beautiful scent as well. Since it actually contains a fresh pumpkin puree that is the pumpkin scent you get, very fresh. I really love this bar and I think it will be joining me in the shower tomorrow!

Vanilla Bean is another great fall scent. As I said SO wanted this one and I always comply with his B&B wants. Makes me feel a bit more justified with mine! Vanilla bean is a very smooth and sweet vanilla scent. If you like vanilla, you would like it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I almost forgot about this little gem! I talked Lynn into letting me have this prototype bar about a month ago. She had told me it was going to be part of her fall line and I absolutely fell in love with it! So she let me adopt it, with a promise I would let it cure. It is very orangey and chocolately, like a terry's chocolate orange. I have had it sitting by my computer and sometimes I just sniff it. Just because it smells so darn good!

So all in all I am absolutely knocked over by Olive Branch's Fall line of soaps. Out of the CP soaps I have tried, I love these the best! Especially Apple Cinnamon!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

http://www.olivebranchsoap.com/ (not affiliated just wanted to share the love!)
Also, although I know some people have had issues with OBS in some shape or form, I also know that alot of people have been pleased with their products from this company. So I write this blog as a pleased customer only, not to start any sort of drama. Thanks!

0 comments: