Get Whipped?

Get Whipped is an ebay store that carries an impressive array of bath and body products. I first learned about the store from the Lush NA forum where the owner was trounced for comparing her products to Isle of Eden. She was also called out for having spelling errors on her site and using ugly, hard to read colors for her font. Huge props to the owner of Get Whipped for taking the constructive and not so constructive criticism and making significant changes to her storefront.

I thought it would be interesting to do a side by side comparison of some Get Whipped products against Isle of Eden's products since there was so much drama involved. This is a completely non-biased comparison. Although I do believe that Isle of Eden is totally hit or miss when it comes to quality, turn around time and customer service; I love my stash and when an IOE product is made correctly, it is a wonderful thing.

Okay, so on to the comparisons. I took as many pictures as I could and used the same amounts but in the end, I received different results.

The products used here are Isle of Eden whipped bath cream in Red velvet Cake and Get Whipped Bath Butter in Now and Zen which is a Karma dupe.

I used the same arm for pic purposes but also lathered up with the Isle of Eden bath cream on my left arm so I could do a comparison of how long each scent clung to my skin.

As for the side by side lather comparison pictures, please note that I first tested out the Isle of Eden product and followed it with the Get Whipped product.








The differences in the two products were pretty clear but keep in mind that there are some similarities.

When it came to texture; Get Whipped was firm but still managed to be soft and not waxy. The Isle of Eden bath cream was softer to the touch and let go of more product when I applied gentle pressure to the surface.

As for the lathering; Isle of Eden lathered more and it was a clean type lather. Get Whipped did not lather as much but the lather was silk-like and milky. One thing I noticed when I was doing the scrub/lather test is that the Get Whipped lather gave off a ridiculous amount of scent.. it was incredible. The Isle of Eden lather was scented but not as much as the Get Whipped Lather.

After rinsing the Isle of Eden lather, my arm was clean and moist but there was very little scent linger. After rinsing with Get Whipped however, my arm was still clean and but their was a noticeable softness to my skin. Also, the scent really clung to my skin after toweling the area.

Thirty minutes later and I still smell Now and Zen [Get Whipped] on my arm.
On my other arm where I did a lather and rinse with the Isle of Eden product, there is no scent.

Both bath creams were 8 oz. The Isle of Eden bath cream was $13.94 and the Get Whipped Bath Cream was $10.00.

Personally, I prefer the Get Whipped Bath Cream. Who cares that the lather was not as abundant as Isle of Eden's? The Get Whipped bath cream was so moisturizing due to the added cocoa butter and shea butter that I can learn to live with less lather. As much as I have enjoyed IOEs bath creams, they were never moisturizing. I will definitely continue to purchase more of the Get Whipped bath creams and ooh and aaahh over my soft soft skin.

http://stores.ebay.com/Get-Whipped

http://www.isleofeden.com/catalog/

2 comments:

hmr28 said...

I gave my mother a get whipped bath cake for her b-day and while the scent was delicious she used it tonight and could only take about 10 minutes in the tub, it caused a severe burning sensation on every bit of skin it touched. She has never had a reaction before to any bath product.

Jude said...

Oh wow.. that is not good. I wonder if the etailer went a little overboard on the FO. I have not experienced this but if I do, I will definitely post about it.