Let's Get the Party Tarted!

*cough cough... nerd alert....

Yeah.. I know.

Let's talk about tarts for a moment. It is a wonderful thing to smell good but if your living area smells like a dank basement it does impede on all the lovely products you used to achieve maximum damn-you-smell-good-ness. If you are taking the time and expense to thoughtfully choose products to scent your skin and convey a mood, it is a natural step to do the same for the atmosphere around you.

There are a myriad of products that one could use to boost the olfactory qualities of your living space; candles, room spray, carpet fresh or my personal favorite; tarts. I prefer tarts because it is a relatively inexpensive way to change up the scents and there are so many fun choices to be had.

I purchase tarts from a number of e-tailers; some were bad, some were good and some were really really good but none are quite like House of Tarts.

House of Tarts became my number one e-tailer for tarts in the span of one small order...



Black Cat's Surprise - Black Licorice, Cookies, Oranges. I don't know what it is but I have been drawn to anything scented with Black Licorice. You might think..why would I want my space to smell like Sambuca? And I don't blame you but please be assured, your room will smell like the inside of a Halloween treat bag if you burn this tart and not like the back of a dusty liquor cabinet.

Party Time - Cake, Cookies, Ice Cream, Candy, Chocolate: I get mostly cake, cookies and ice cream with this tart. If I really inhale deeply, I get a sense for the chocolate. I like that though as I am not a big fan of chocolate scents so having it in the background works for me.

Candy Store - I get more chocolate with this one but thankfully, the chocolate is anchored down by a bubblegum and lollipop note. Good stuff going on with this tart.



Violet Birthday Cake - Birthday Cake with Butter creme Frosting and Violet Icing Flowers:
Sugared violets resting atop a cake note. I love violets and I love cake; win, win proposition on my end.

Frosted Pink Cupcakes with Sprinkles - white Cupcakes, frosted with Pink Butter creme Frosting & sprinkled with pastel Candy Stars:
Do sprinkles even have a scent? I never stopped to smell a sprinkle so I can't rightly say but this tart is as good as any pink frosted scented product that I have tried. It is a terrific variation of a classic scent.

Sweet Sixteen - Pink Sugar Cookie, Bubble Gum, Butter creme Frosting & Strawberry
: This tart is everything that the description entails. I think that an addition of a soft, musky back note would work well to convey the idea of "not a girl yet not quite a women" theme of this tart but all in all, the tart smells great and you really get a sense of all the listed notes.

House of Tarts has an impressive scent list and the scent lasts for a long time. I am currently on my fourth day of burning Black Cat's Surprise and the scent is as strong as when I first started to use it. Also, and this is so important, even though the scents are strong enough to fill the room; they are not fakey or over perfumey. They strike the perfect balance between subtle and super scented.

Check it out for yourself and perhaps place a try it out order for these sublime tarts at....

http://houseoftarts.com/

2 comments:

hollyfaery said...

Hey, Jude!
Your blog is invaluable to other bath/body/tart fanatics. I so enjoy reading your posts! They are eloquently written, humorous, witty, and I love that you describe every aspect of the product you're using. Plus, we love tons of the same scents and companies; so that makes it all the more fun for me. ;D
I adore HoT, too! I was iffy on Black Cat's Surprise when I initially sniffed it in the container, but when I burned it, it blew me away! You really do smell all the notes and more. I've got to get me some Candy Store and Party Time! I've tried a zillion of her scents, but somehow missed those two. They sound right up my alley. Thanks for your review!

Jude said...

Thank you so much! I am glad that you like it :D