Long Wait? Yes. Hella Good Free Stuff? Oh Yes.

Alexa at Isle of Eden has my favorite Halloween collection. She sucked me into the IOE vortex with Halloween 2006 and I am happy to say that the Halloween 2007 products have exceeded my expectations. In spite of the long wait, I am glad that I have my products and did not miss out on such a great collection and even better freebie offer.

I received all of these scrubs or Halloween Cauldrons [as they are listed on the website] for free thanks to the special promotion where one cauldron is received for every $35.00 worth of products purchased. The customer is able to choose which flavor cauldron they would like to receive.





Let's start with R.I.P.; this is supposed to smell like Lavender and Mint but I am not getting any of those notes. It smells like iodine and vicks vaporub to me; completely medicinal and not very appealing. I am going to let this one rest because there is a good chance that once the scrub has cured a bit, the astringency of the lavender will mellow and more of the mint will round out the scent.

Freshly Bitten is straight up strawberries and cream. The cake note is very slight and the strawberry totally muscled its way to the forefront. This scrub is yummy.

Graveyard Apple is described as being an intoxicating blend of crisp green apples and hot buttered rum. I don't detect any hot buttered rum from the scrub. This smells just like an apple jolly rancher.

Bath of Blood is one of my favorites of the freebies. It is creamy pomegranate and is very reminiscent of Midnight Pomegranate [by Bath and Body Works] but with a softer edge.

It was a given that I would order White Hearse because I love rose scented products. This was predominantly cake scented for me with sugared rose petals floating in the background. It is such a lovely scent.

I am starting my round of Isle of Eden Halloween reviews with the cauldrons because the promo is still running and you may also find some of the cauldron bouncing around the swap sections. In addition to the free scrubs, these were included in my order...





There is a little controversy associate with these cute little toys. The original intention of the Halloween toy promo is that everyone receives special toys with their order. Every toy is good for a unique promotion which could be a free scrub, free shipping or a certain percentage off an order. Naturally, their was some sort of excitement and anticipation over these little toys.

In an attempt to foresee any issues over potential toy envy, it seems that Alexa has decided [maybe, still no "official word"; just a quoted private message] that all toys will be good for the same promotion. So now everyone gets the same promotion and Customer A does not start a thread on her forum demanding answers why she got a spider while Customer B got a cute squishy pumpkin. This is not going over too well and some customers are genuinely sad and are fretting over the promotion being changed.

I am a recovered fan girl who now approaches dealings with Isle of Eden on a strictly business-like basis. I no longer make it personal; I will pay whatever the amount and wait.. and wait and they will make sure that my order is packed correctly and smells as good as it is supposed to. As long as we both hold up our end of the deal, I am an Isle of Eden fan and when they don't; I scream from the rafters.

That being said, I searched deep within myself and discovered that I really don't care if everyone gets the same promotion despite their receipt of different toys. Yeah, I know what is on the site and that she is changing the plan midway but I just don't get so excited over Halloween toys and games and in the end, everyone still gets some kind of a deal. Now, get that TAT at ten to fourteen days and then we will talk about excitement.

2 comments:

Nohemi said...

How long exactly did it take to get to you?

Jude said...

Seven weeks