Thursday evening, September 28, 2007

Here we are; summer is over and September is well on its way to being a memory which leaves me with the question as October approaches...... why is it still so freaking hot and humid!?!?!

In my desperation for some autumnal goodness, I used the following items for quite a lovely shower experience:



So here is what we have going on; Mad City Sue Whipped Sugar Scrub in Caramel Apple, Bath and Body Works Pecan Passion 3-in-1, Callisto Buttercloud Cream in Autumn Brulee and who is that long, tall handsome stranger in the background? Why it is Vanilla Ice Cream body splash by Bath and Body Works. Big ups to Perfume911 on MUA for piquing my interest for this product. It is something that a few weeks ago, I probably would have passed by but her enthusiasm was completely infectious and led me to a wonderful discovery!

Here is a quick breakdown on everything.

Pecan Passion is quite the little dark horse. When I smelled this last week at Bath and Body Works, I wrinkled my nose and thought.."oh no". I was standing at the register and they had a bowl of the baby bottles just looking at me, calling for me to take one home. What the hell..you can't always trust a cold sniff so I will give it a shot. I just smelled this again in the bottle and I still don't like it, it smells like cinnamon-ey frosting but once it starts to lather, the smell of pecans pushes to the forefront and that little ho-hum shower gel turns into something wonderful.

The Mad City Sue Scrub is [yeah, I know.. I say this all the time]fantastic. I just love the frosting like texture that still manages to give my skin a good scrubbing. The scent is not cloyingly sweet; you really get a sense of a fresh granny smith apple wrapped in buttery caramel.

I came out of that shower smelling like a country kitchen; pecans, caramels and apples. Not too shabby...

Lucky for me, my small Callisto order came in that consisted of body creams in their autumn scents. One of these scents was Autumn Brulee with notes of Pumpkin, coconut vanilla custard and caramelized sugar. It is creamy, spicy, sweet, decadent and super scented so it married beautifully with the other components of my shower.

Even though the climate outside was reminiscent of a rain forest, the atmosphere in my room was all about the crisp spiciness of Autumn....... with the air conditioner on full blast.

0 comments: