Wednesday Evening, September 26, 2007




Today I used a Rainforest Soap Shack body wash in Girls Night Out" and Cremoso Layer Cake Sugared Frosting Shea Scrub in "Confection Extravagance" which consists of three layers.

The bottom layer is Gothic Lolita in Purple-tender violets, juicy blackberries, and plump blueberries with amber.

The middle is Rose Puff - sweet rosewater, flaky pastry, custard...and a handful of red rose petals atop a mound of whipped cream.

And the top layer is Lavender Cotton Candy-Sweet, fluffy pink cotton candy blended with lavender essential oil.

I haven't gotten to the two lower layers but the top layer, Lavender Cotton Candy is clean, refreshing and sugary sweet. The scent is almost exactly like an older Isle of Eden scent called Lavender Pound cake that was a component of a scrub called Pillow Talk. Pillow Talk was part of the Princess collection that was discontinued. Anyway, this post is about Cremoso but I wanted to note that I loved Pillow Talk for that lavender layer so I am pretty psyched to have found a scrub that takes that sweet lavender flavor to another level. Cremoso has managed to create the best lavender scent that I have ever tried. You know how some lavender blends have too much astringency? Lavender Cotton Candy has the clean, freshness of true lavender but the cotton candy layer amps up the fragrant sweetness as well. I didn't think it got better than Lavender Pound Cake until I tried Lavender Cotton Candy. I know.. I need to get to those other layers [especially Gothic Layer which is my nominee for best product name ever!] but the scrub is so so pretty and I am loving the Lavender Cotton Candy so so much that I will just be patient. Alas reader, you must be patient with me as I will be sure to report back my thoughts on the bottom two layers. Something tells me that my findings will be glowing.

The texture of the scrub is one that I am growing increasingly fond of; the non foaming, skin softening shea scrub. After rinsing, my skin is not left oily and once dry, my skin is really soft.

I could go on and on about this scrub and lest I forget that there was another component to my shower, I am going to turn my attention to Girls Night Out!

The official word on this shower gel is fruits and flowers on an intense base of musk & creamy vanilla notes. That pretty much sums it up; great scent in the shower that is very reminiscent of Blackberry Cream Musk by Callisto Bath and Body. The lathering left a little to be desired but in the end, it got the job done. All in all, It is a decent shower gel in an un0original scent but I do like it and will use it.

0 comments: