Monday Evening, September 24, 2007



I am in carnation heaven tonight. I haven't busted out the Lush products in a while but what lotion would go better with my just-arrived-today Skindecent scrub in Pink Carnations than Potion.

If you are not familiar with Potion, it is a wonder of a lotion that can only be ordered on a regular basis from the Lush UK site. Every once in a while, Lush NA will have discon rounds where they offer up voted upon discontinued products and Potion always makes the cut. You would think that Lush NA would get the hint and just offer Potion up as part of the regular lineup but a lot of what Lush NA does makes little sense.

What makes Potion so special? Why it's the rose petal infusion, almond oil, rose absolute, fresh tangerine and carnation absolute of course! One thing is a given if you want to try Potion, you have to like that dry, somewhat spicy scent of carnation and I do, so all is right in my world.

So it is established that I have hankering for some Potion and Pink Carnation Scrub. I don't however, have a carnation scented soap or bath cream. I do have Vanilla Chai Bath Butter by Get Whipped and it turned out to be a match made in heaven. Vanilla Chai bath butter smells like vanilla ice cream with a light essence of chai. It is not over the top in it's spiciness and really worked well with the floral notes of the scrub and lotion.

Time to go gonzo here and top it all of with Maiden by Bpal. Yes... I dabble in the dark arts of Bpal. I sold a lot of my collection because there was too much that fought against my chemistry but the few bottles I have are little treasures.

Maiden is white tea, carnations and damask rose. It was the perfect finale to an incredible shower and two hours later; I still smell this amazing combo around me.

0 comments: