Bath Cream Wars

Rain Forest Soap Shack vs. Isle of Eden

I have read on a number of bath and body boards [MUA, Lush, Bpal] that Rain Forst Soap Shack products are comparable to those of Isle of Eden. I did a comparison of their bath creams and here is how it all came out....

to open up the picture to full size, click on the picture and it will open up in a new window. you may be prompted to click again once in the new window.




There are definite differences between the two bath creams and I think the pictures show that despite some claims; Isle of eden and Rain Forest Soap Shacks are not the same.

The Rain Forest Soap Shack bath cream is a lot softer; too soft in my opinion. I think that the super soft bath creams are used up quicker while the harder bath creams last for a long time and give up more lather with less product. The Isle of Eden bath cream was really firm and gave off a thick, dense lather.

Both bath creams were nicely scented on cold sniff and gave a decent bloom of scent upon lathering. Neither left much of a lingering scent on my skin after rinsing and toweling off.

You really can't go wrong with either of these bath creams; they both smell great and even though Isle of Eden did better in the lathering portion of the test, if you are not up for waiting four to eight weeks for an Isle of Eden product, you would not be remiss to give Rain Forest Soap Shack bath creams a try. Personally, I prefer the Isle of Eden product because I have always been partial to the firmer bath creams.

**Please note that despite my reference to the Isle of Eden turnaround time as anywhere between four to eight weeks, it is listed on the site as four to five weeks although there have been recordings of customer waiting up to eight weeks for their products.




1 comments:

Joni said...

I do love me my RFSS bath cream - Sugared Buttermint...::thud::

It does have a softer texture I think but oh it's lovely still. I actually love IoE's bath creams most of out all of their products, but for a Canuck, shipping is so high that it's not possible. But since RFSS is here in Canada, it's much more reasonable!