Halloween with Rainforest Soap Shack

Halloween and Christmas are my favorite bath and body themes so when e-tailers start dropping their Halloween collections, it is very difficult for me to restrain myself. Oscar Wilde once said; "I can resist anything but temptation". This statement sums me up in a nutshell; I am driven by temptation. It is challenging to reign myself in with all these fabulous sounding Halloween scents and I have to admit, I haven't really been up to that challenge. I cave almost every single time...

I have been reading a lot about how Rain Forest Soap Shack compares to Isle of Eden in quality. Since I was waiting on an Isle of Eden order to process, I figured it couldn't hurt to check out the Soap Shack's Halloween offerings.

These are my choices from the wonderful array of Halloween items offered by The Rain Forest Soap Shack;



The official description of Jack O'Lantern's Revenge is Black Currant and Pumpkin. This combination grabbed me immediately and was number one on my list because I was really curious to see how the tangy and tart notes of black currant would marry with the round, buttered creaminess of pumpkin. Before I get into whether this combination was successful or not, can I please mention that this scrub looks good enough to eat? My goodness, when I was editing this picture, my mouth was watering! Just look at it; it looks like pumpkin mocha frozen yogurt.

Small digression aside, I can't say that I am loving this. To me, a successful scent partnership is defined by one's ability to pick out each scent. Each scent should blend together to make a pleasing fragrance but at the same time, they should also retain their individual characteristics. Sadly, this combination does not achieve this... I don't get a sense of the pumpkin and I certainly don't get a sense of the Black Currant. The two scents overwhelm each other and leave behind a sharp, soapy and somewhat perfumey fragrance.




I am so glad that Candy Corn Cupcakes shook me out of my disappointment over my bad experience with Jack O'Lantern's revenge. The word on Candy Corn Cupcakes is.... Cupcakes and Candy Corn! The bath cream smells exactly like the description. I am really impressed with the cupcake scent; it is dead on cakey goodness. This bath cream reminds me of the vanilla frosted cupcakes topped with candy corns that we used to have at school.




I love Phantom Crush! Pineapple Upside Down Cake and Cherries not only make for a fantastic dessert but a luscious scented bath product as well. I get more cherry than pineapple off the bat but that could change as I make my way down the jar and hit more of the pineapple blend.




I am a big fan of Tiger Bite despite my normal aversion to orange dreamsicle type scents. The licorice provides a needed edge to the sweet and creamy orange but keep in mind, this is a very sweet scent. If you are adverse to overtly sweet and foody type scents, this is not the combination for you.




I told you that I have been drawn to licorice lately, right? So it can't be a surprise that I ordered Witches Shoes. The description of this bath cream is Ruby Red Grapefruit and Licorice. If you are staying away from Tiger Bite because it is too sweet, The Witches Shoes is one to consider. Ruby Red Grapefruit is the predominant note and the licorice lingers in the background, rounding out the sharpness and adding a touch of sweetness to the combination. It is still a sweet scent but not a sticky sweet scent like Tiger Bite. It is a sweet scent while managing to retain the crisp and clean of the grapefruit.

1 comments:

TiffTiffMcGee said...

OH MY!!!! THESE LOOK DELICIOUS!!! I love Rain Forest Soap Shack, but as of Nov. 16, 2008 Denise Laanstra has closed the site, a week after I put an expensive ORDER IN! Anyway, it's January and I still haven't received my order, but I am thrilled that you have and it was amazing.

Thanks for the review, it really helped.