Mail Call!

Sweet anticipation. Once I get that little notice in my inbox, I know that wonderful and glorious things are in store for me. Your package will be shipped by PayPal Shipping with U.S. Postal Service.

What will it be today? Tarts, Scrubs? Both maybe?!?!

If the package is arriving via USPS then it is a blind anticipation. Thanks to the United States Postal Service's lack of step by step tracking info, the only sure thing is that they were electronically notified to expect your package. Perhaps I am waiting for home delivery and although I may look busy cooking or cleaning or even just lazing around and watching tv; my ears are pricked and waiting to hear that familiar rumble of my mail carriers truck. Yes, I can tell the distinct tone of his engine rumble because I am just that far gone.

Maybe I am at work, sitting at my desk and laboring over accounts payable. I look like I am really into what I am doing but I am just waiting. Waiting for Anthony the mail carrier to cry out as he is walking in... "Jude! Ya got more stuff here!"

This is where I jump out of my seat and greedily grab my boxes and proceed to rip them open in a quiet frenzy. This is where my co-workers roll there eyes, question my sanity and remind me that I already own a large amount of bath and body products so why would I need more?

Yeah... well I smell good so fuck em all.

0 comments: