Yay or Nay?




You might be saying to yourself….”mmm, coconut peach haupia” while busting out your best Homer Simpson impersonation or you could very well be saying…”what in tarnation is a haupia?” The wiki description of Haupia is:

Haupia is a traditional coconut milk-based Hawaiian dessert often found at luaus in Hawaiʻi and other ….

Wait. Stop. Right. There.

It’s a cross between pudding and cake with a high milk content and looks gelatinous and creamy. Think of it as flan. A delicious,Hawaiian, coconut flavored flan. Mmmm… flan.

Seeing that I have this thing for creamy and gelatinous cake, it was natural for me to do a double take after reading this description off the Coconut Hut Website.

coconut pudding made with fresh coconut milk and cane sugar in Hawaii with fresh babcock peaches.

I really like the scent and it is exactly as it is described; rich, milky and cakey with the fresh scent of peaches. However, I am not loving the texture of the scrub. I got the whipped sugar scrub thinking it would be a lighter and fluffier texture but this is drippy, oily and eh... not so great.

I usually I don’t have a problem that; some of my favorite scrubs are oil based but I do have a problem with [and this goes for an oil scrub or a soap based scrub] is when the sugar does not hold up to a good scrubbing and melts away. Call me picky but I like my scrubs… to scrub!

I am not giving up on Coconut Hut! I love love love their body lotion [reviews later] and they have a terrific scent list.

Check out The Coconut Hut's scent list for yourself at...

http://www.coconuthutbeauty.com/index.php



1 comments:

Nohemi said...

I appreciate you giving me more lemmings... THANKS A LOT!!!