The Bath Cream Shop Rocks!

Once again the Etsy Saturday Night Specials caught my attention. The Bath Cream Shop was running a sale on her sugar scrubs. Since I am trying to find an etailer that sells scrubs at a good price, a decent scent selection and reliable TAT, I thought I would try this store out. I am so glad that I did.

First I will start with customer service. All I can say is wow! I sent a convo to Corrie asking if she could put together a custom order of scents for me. Her SNS was to buy two 8oz scrubs and get a 4oz one for free. I planned on getting four 8 oz and two 4 oz, but the scents that I wanted were not listed. Corrie responded very quickly and had a listing up for me before I had a chance to get impatient. She even custom blended one of my favorite combos. So right away, I am loving this company for speedy answers and good customer service.

My order consisted of four 8 oz Scrubby scrubs in Pikake Lei, Blueberry Grape Soda, Marshmallow Violets (my requested blend) and Haupia Cake. The two 4 oz scrubby scrubs I asked for were Ume Candy and Lychee Lotus. She also threw in a 2oz scrubby scrub sample in Sparkling Lemonade.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here is a picture to show you the different product sizes. They go 2oz, 4oz and 8oz.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

To continue on with the stellar customer service, the bath cream shop is located in Hawaii. I ordered on Saturday night, and I received my order on Friday! So essentially my order was mailed out on Tuesday and made it to me, from Hawaii, in 3 days. I can't even comprehend how that is possible, but I have the scrubs in hand so it must be true!

I was very impressed with the packaging. The box was a little smooshed and that is usually a bad thing. But Corrie had everything packaged so nicely, that nothing leaked. It was alot of fun to unwrap the scrubs and get to sniffing!

The consistency of these scrubs is a happy medium between firm and soft. Here are a few pictures to try and show the consistency:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
As you can see from the pictures, these scrubs are filled to the tippy top and covered with an extra layer of scrubby sugar! I really like the consistency and the scrubbiness. There are enough sugar granuals to exfoliate well, but not so much that I feel rubbed raw at the end of my bath. The scrub really does foam up a bit when used, leaving a creamy lather that smells so good! I think one of the things that I love most about this scrub, is that it has avocado oil as one of it's ingredients. During the winter, I put straight avocado oil on my scalp to keep it from getting dry. It is the only thing that works for me in the cold winters here up North. I am happy to have discovered a scrub maker who knows the benefits of avocado oil and uses them in their products!

Now for the scent reviews. I can only imagine that these will get better as they cure, but they all smell so awesome now! I think this is my first bath and body order where I have enjoyed every scent I ordered. It also helps that the Bath Cream Shop has a unique selection with several tropical scents that I love. Now to the scents. :)

Blueberry Grape Soda is pretty true to it's name. I can smell the Grape Soda predominately, but the tart blueberry peeks in there as well. And it does have a fizzy grape soda pop to it as well. The bubbles almost tickle your nose. Great scent.

Haupia Cake is a traditional Hawaiian dessert made with coconut custard and white cake and that is exactly what I get of this scent. A delicate white cake completely drenched in a creamy coconut. This is not a fresh cocnut, but a true creamy coconut pudding type scent. I can't keep my nose out of this one!

Pikake Lei. What can I say. I love me some tropical florals and this scent does not dissapoint in the slightest! It is a true to life strong, but not overpowering Pikake flower scent.

Violet Marshmallow was the scent I asked her to whip together for me. Violets and Marshmallows are one of my favorite scent combos and since I realized on her site she had both scents available I thought, why not ask if she could whip them up together for me. She conceded and what a masterpiece this scent is. You get the gooey marshmallow right along with the violets....such a great great scent. I also noticed today that she has a few products in this blend posted!

Ume Candy is a hard candy with a spicy plum scent. I really like plums so I thought I would try it. It is so yummy. The plum is sweet but tart but there is also another sweetness to this scent that makes me want to eat it. But, I won't....I promise!

Lychee Lotus has both components of it's name in a perfect balance. I get the sweet, juicy and slightly woodsy lychee scent as well as a whisper of the lotus. Such a beautiful scent.

Sparkling Lemonade is a sharp lemon scent. I know that alot of people want to know if lemon scents are pledge-like or not, so here is my take on that. It is a strong lemon scent that does not cross the household cleaner lines!

In closing I just want to say that I am very pleased with my Bath Cream Shop scrubs. The product itself and the customer service will make me a repeat buyer from Corrie. In fact I alreay have my next order plotted out! Don't worry I will be sure to review it and post it here, on Wicked Hot Enablers!

To find The Bath Cream Shop click this link: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5225731

Not affilated, just a happy customer!

0 comments: