Thursday morning, October 4, 2007





I was dragging ass this morning and I needed something refreshing! invigorating! tingling! to clear my my muddle head and give me some needed pep.
Usually, I use Freeze by Lush for this but I am all out until Saturday so I substituted this new shower gel that I got from Get Whipped in Ice Cap which is described on the site as a combination of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, and Menthol. I am not the biggest fan of e-tailer shower gels but this was really good! It was cooling to the skin and inhaling the peppermint and menthol gave me the pick-me-up that I was looking for.

Scintillating Smooch is Villainess’s answer to the sugar scrub and it is one of those great utility scrubs that not only smell great but it also does wonders for your skin. The ingredients are short and sweet; Sucrose, Grapeseed Oil, Mango Butter, Emulsifying Wax NF, Fragrance, Menthol, Jojoba Beads. Villainess is a terrific company that makes artisanal bath and body products and I have been a fan of their smooches for a while now as the Smooch was my first foray into the world of etailer bath and body products.

Scintillating is described as: A complex blend of revitalising mints - spearmint, cornmint, peppermint - grounded with a rich base note of black tea, and barely sweetened with soft vanilla.

It is like buttermints with a black tea edge and is truly wonderful.
Callisto! I don’t talk about Callisto Bath and Body enough and I really need to get on the ball and start talking them up because they continue to impress me with the quality of their products, fast turnaround time and unique scent list.

I love their Buttercloud Cream; it is so much nicer to me than the spongy, zombie brain looking soy body butters that are all over the place. The texture is silky and rich and it truly moisturizes your skin without feeling tacky.

Starlit Mint smells just like the red and white swirled candies and is a nice, sugary and mellow mint. As much as I love menthol to wake me up in the morning or clear my sinuses, I wouldn’t want to smell like it all day but smelling like Starlit Mint is a very good thing.

**Not pictured but I topped this all off with Lick it Again by Bpal and that just took this whole scent buffet to new heights.

1 comments:

Nohemi said...

I would like to back up Jude's comment about Callisto!!! The lotions are AMAZING... not only the buttercloud but all of them. I've tried all the formulas and they are all moisturizing and smell great!!!