House of Tarts Anyone?

I began burning tarts a few years ago. I started off with a brand new Aroma melts warmer from a partylite show and a box of coffee scented aroma melts. At that time, little did I know, the world of tarts that were out there and would present itself to me in the form of MUA.

There are many places to buy tarts from and I had a few that I frequented. I quickly developed favorites scents and sites and was sure no one could top them. Boy was I wrong. House of Tarts totally rocked my world with my first small order.

I put off ordering for so long. But alot of people, whose reviews I respect alot, kept raing about HOT tarts, especially a certain Texas Baked Apple scent. So I finally broke down and purchased six of my very own HOT tarts.

The Customer Service is phenomanal. I had my tarts in hand less than a week after I placed that initial order and I haven't looked back. Even my BF commented on the quality of the tarts. He was actually very dissapointed one morning when I had started up a Paris Cafe tart. He thought that I was making coffee and croissants for breakfast! lol Seriously though, they smell that realistic.

So here is a review on my second order, which in fact was quite a bit larger than my first order. The CS was fantastic with this order as well as the quality of the tarts. My BF even helped me open this box and sniffed all the new scents with me.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Here are my cold sniff reviews so far on my latest HOT order. I can't wait to get to burning all of these little wax gems!

Iced Cherry Pastries- This one is a very realistic cherry scent that goes well with the pastry note. A hint of icing makes this one of my favorites in the bunch!

Mimi's Kitchen- I bought this scent based solely on the name! lol And I am glad that I did. I get several scents from this one..a bit of harvest fruit, some light spices and a bit of pastry. Such a lovely scent!

Yummy Halloween Cupcakes- This is your typical cake scent with a buttercream frosting, but what sets it apart is the slight apple note that peaks through.

Blueberry Danish Blast- This is another one of my favorites! This reminds me of one of those blueberry fruit pies that I used to eat as a kid. You know the prepackaged yummy, but so not good for you? Well now you can have it without the calories!

Kitchen Spice Type- straight on dupe of Kitchen Spice, not to overpowering, and just right!

Black Cat's Surprise- This one is burning right now as per BF's request. Apparently he loves black licorice. I myself am not a big fan of black licorice, but this tart is actually kind of good. And that is saying alot considering that black licorice usually makes me want to gag!

London Lemon Curd- Ah, what can I say about LLC. It is perfect. I love anything in this scent and Holly's tart in this one is spot on!

Honey Gingerbread- Usually Gingerbread is not one of my favorite scents but I wanted to try this one anyway. This smells like gingerbread dipped in cream with a slight cinnamon and honey note to it. It is absolutely divine!

Texas Baked Apple- In two words- Abso-freaking-lutely Amazing! Seriously everyone need s to buy this tart at least once. It is appley and spicey and just plain yummy. I am surprised I haven't burnt my tongue trying to eat this one.

Southern Creme Brulee- Once again this was another tart for BF. he loves anything Creme Brulee. It is creamy and smooth and he says he likes it, so there ya go!

Coconut Custard- This is another of my favorite tarts in this order! It is very creamy and coconutty. It has just the perfect amount of spices. It makes me want to whip up a batch of cocnut custard when I sniff it!

Pink and Purple- This one is your typical pink sugar scent. I am not big on pink sugar, so I was pleasantly surprised how much I like this tart. I think the Purple Haze tones the sweetness down just a bit.

Peppermint Noel- This is the perfect marriage of Peppermint and VBN. This is another one that I am half tempted to take a bite out of!

Cafe in Paris- This is by far one of the best tarts I have ever burnt. There is a great cinnamon latte scent involved as well as the perfect flaky butter croissant scent. Makes me want to crack open a tube of croissants everytime I burn this scent!

Coco-nana Cream Pie- I love this one as well! I seriously despise artificial banana scents, but the banana in this one is a fresh one and it blends beautifully with the coconut and cream. A light pastry scent makes this one so yummy!

Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake- Once again, a tart for the BF ( see I buy him his own tarts so he doesn't complain so much...surprisingly this works! lol) It is your typical creamy chocolate scent. I think the cheesecake will come out more when it is burned.

Lemon Snap Cookies- Sugary, buttery and spicy cookies kicked up a bit with a touch of lemon! Fantastic scent!

Pumpkin Marshmallow Cream and Sugar- This one was a reorder for me. The pumpkin sits so well witht he sweet marshmallow scent. This scent makes me feel all warm and cozy when I burn it,

Green Goblins- Apples and caramel are equally present in this one. It is a very fresh and crisp apple scent. This one was a reorder as well.

Coffee Shop- Coffee heaven in a tub of wax! Seriously I can't wait to burn this one. Strong coffee and spicy baked goods are all in this tart! Delicious!

Black Amber Woods- I am terrible at describing these types of scents. Sot he best I can do is this. A bit of woodsy and alot of strong sexy man scent in this one! Seriously, if I met a man that smelled like this I would run away wth him!

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Ice Cream- And not hat name did not fit entirely on the label! lol I get a strong vanilla ice cream sniff out of this one as well as a slight nuttiness. I will be anxious to see what this one smells like when burned.

Autumn Festival- This tart is gorgeous. I get a strong spiced apple cider scent in this one as well as a slight leaf scent. I know that sounds wierd but it works really really well in this tart! It is a beautiful scent.

Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies- This one smells like a butter cookie to me on cold sniff.

Pumpkin Casserole Souffle- This tart has the perfect fresh pumpkin scent with the spices added, which I think is great. I am not one for spicy pumpkins, so it is important to point that out, I also get the faintest whiff of marshmallows.

Sweet Potato Danish- This one is incredible as well! Sweet potatoes, spices and a flaky crust. Does any restaurants actually make a sweet potato danish? If so I am so there!

Sticky Campfire Ghosts- Once again Holly blows me away with her unique blends. This tart actually has a campfire scent to it. That perfect bonfire in the fall scent. Paired with the ooey gooey marshmallows it is so yummy!

Peach Apple Cobbler- I get a mostly red apple with a slight peach out of this one.

Pumpkin Shortbread Cookies- One of the best pumpkin tarts I have ever burnt hands down. The cookie scent is beautiful and the fresh pumpkin scent is so good in this one. It has the right amount as spices as well.

Polynesian Dessert- Such a yummy, creamy and tropical fruity tart! I need several more of this one!

Phew! That was alot of sniffing and my nose definately needed to recoup after that! And bless you if you read through all of my reveiws! I guess I really feel that every single tart I got in this order deserved a reveiw, because they are all so good.

I am looking very forward to this Friday, October 19th, when Holly opens the House of Tarts again, stock full of her new blends. Although it is a bit sad that some of these scents I reviewed will not be available again until November, it is awesome that there are so many choices at HOT! How could you possibly get bored. Be sure to check out what's on the agenda at HOT in a week.

http://www.houseoftarts.com/

Once again, I am not affiliated, just a very pleased customer! :)

4 comments:

the Muse said...

These have to be the best tarts I've tried in a LONG, LONG time!

Great review!

Nohemi said...

Chocolate Turle Cheesecake is AMAZING... I don't smell the cheesecake too much (even when burned) but it's not pure chocolate so the cheesecake must be in there somewhere.

Coffee Shop is spicy coffe when burned. My mom actually decided to burn this one and when I walked in the house from the cold I was like "YES... fresh coffee" but the coffee pot was EMPTY... soon to discover the burning tart... it's by far one of my faves!!!

At some point I will do a review of my own on HOT tarts!!!

jenniferever said...

I dont get the site. When I go on it, all I see under Tart Shots are $1.00 tarts in 14 scents. Where are all the other scents?

TiffTiffMcGee said...

I used to make my own tarts. My favorite was Sinfully Hot. It was an intense cinnamon smell.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR BLOG!