Halloween with Isle of Eden

Boo! But not really...

I posted some photos and reviews of the free cauldrons that are promotional items from Isle of Eden. Well... I had to order something to qualify for those free scrubs so here is the low down on some pretty awesome smelling scrubs.

Just a quick heads up here; Alexa of Isle of Eden has announced that the free cauldron promotion ends tonight at midnight and that the Halloween collection will be taken down on October 13, 2007. So... if you are interested on any of these scrubs, order quick but prepare to receive your Halloween scrubs after Halloween. Kinda Sucky? Yes. However, some of the scents are great and their appeal surpasses the Halloween hype.

**I accidentally ordered Sunrise in the Cemetery twice so it shows up twice in the photos.

***Click on the pic to enlarge to gargantuan proportions!


A Little Drop of Poison is a throw back from last year and it is one of those scrubs that I hoarded because I loved it so much. Needless to say, I was thrilled to see it as part of the 2007 collection and ordered it. This is all about candied violets, rose butter creme and marshmallows. The top layer is the candied violets, middle layer rose butter creme and bottom layer is the sweet marshmallows. I can't recommend this scrub enough and will probably order one more before the collection is removed.
Darkened Castle Treats is described on the site as black licorice, vanilla ice cream and waffle cone. Licorice and anise are quite the trend for Fall 2007 and I have ordered a variation of a licorice scent from each etailer that I have purchased from. Darkened Castle Treats is my favorite thus far. There was a small issue with a few of the licorice scented products I have ordered where the licorice or anise scent is too heavy and almost sickening. I love a hint of licorice or anise but when it is too much... it is well... too much! The vanilla and the waffle cone temper that licorice and you get a feel for every note. IOE done good with this one.





Pumpkin Cinnamon Toast is pretty good with a heavy spicy pumpkin note. If buttery pumpkin is your thing, this might not be the scent for you. When I inhale the scent deeply, I do get the dusty quality of cinnamon and I like that; it isn't all about nutmeg and allspice. I would have liked the scrub to have a heavier yeasty note since Isle of Eden had a pretty great bread based collection out in 2006. This scrub does not disappoint; it smells terrific.

Alexa's Bubbling Cauldron is... I don't know what it is. It is a hodge podge of scents. A little sweet, a little spicy with some pumpkin thrown in there. It is pleasant but when I really smell the scrub, I can smell the base.




Death by Sunlight: Blazing gingered orange peel and glazed lemon candies. This smells like lemonheads. I like it. It didn't set my world on fire but it is a nicely scented scrub.




Josie's Flaming Tomb is sweet and delicious and how cool is that blazing orange color. Crimson Pomegranate, Red Cherry Brown Sugar and Sugared Red Marshmallows.
The top layer is the red cherry brown sugar and it is different from her regular cherry scent. Usually her cherry is very sharp and sweet. This is a mellow and sweet cherry with very little brown sugar. I was worried the brown sugar would muscle the whole scent combination but thankfully, cherry is the top note.

Sunrise in the Cemetery: This is one of those scrubs where you just scoop and scoop and scoop; digging your fingers through every layer because it is so damned good. Top layer is a very true cinnamon toast, followed by creamy and milky coffee and rounded off with a caramel scented whipped cream. I accidentally ordered two of these which is quite the lucky accident!




5100 Pontchartrain is listed on the site as composing of blackberries, sweet buttered cream, turbinado sugar and pastry crust. This scrub should smell like a warm blackberry pie ala mode but has no sign of pastry crust so it is essentially blackberry ice cream. If you like blackberries and cream, it is a great scrub to have but it does not quite live up to the site description.





Warm Pumpkin Latte is the resurrection of Pumpkin Frappucino which was my all time favorite scent of 2006. So yeah.. I love this! This smells just like Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte; I can't have the drink but can enjoy some of its qualities in a scrub.

Purple People Eater is purple grapes and pink cotton candy. Yep.. that is what it smells like. It is sweet and smells really good but if you are looking for any kind of complexity, pass this one up. This is a great scrub to satisfy any kind of sweet cravings you might have.




I love Wedding Day Anguish and wrote about it in a previous post. It is everything I wanted Candied Rose Butter creme to be; fragrant roses and sweet cream. Unlike CRB, the rose is mellowed by the cream scent and not completely obliterated.

Phantasm is minted vanilla ice cream, black licorice and anise and it is such a great smelling scrub! This is like Frosty Mint Goddess in a black corset and a whip. The top note is that scrumptious creamy mint and the anise and licorice are hogtied in the background. This is a very sexy, minty scent.

2 comments:

Nohemi said...

you're a wee bit scary!!!

TiffTiffMcGee said...

You have NO idea how much I love your blogs...you seem to be the only person besides myself that has a love for both Halloween, soaps and scrhubs and Halloween scents.

SO FUN!!!

Can't wait for the Halloween 2009 COLLECTION.